The first of every month RedTree posts on social media a video case study of Meesha explaining a recent project. These videos correspond to our online case studies in our portfolio and are meant to give our audience a deeper dive into what kinds of projects we work on and how we execute them. As we have now culminated a full year of case studies, for December we decided to do a post on our team’s favorite case study projects as a fun twist on the same old theme and to give the world a different insight into our team’s minds.
We are not in the business of video production at RedTree, but these videos are satisfying to create. For this particular favorites case study, I got to bring in the whole team which added a creative twist to the production. A brief rundown of the typical case study process is as follows:
- A project is selected and a script written
- We decide on a location
- On a set day and time, Meesha is filmed
- At a time of convenience, B roll is shot
- All the resulting footage is scraped together into a video
- A bunch of versions of the original are saved out for social media
- Another version is put together for our online portfolio
- Everything is pushed live!
It’s always fun to film these videos but it can be hard to get comfortable in front of the camera, so I thought I’d give you a little behind -the-scenes peak at this month’s awkward moments from our awesome team! You’re welcome.